Old 09-8-2019, 03:20 PM   #371
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: How to get better at FFR

bonus tips:

-play songs that you enjoy the music of, you'll probably acc them better

-try to have fun while playing and enjoy the game
-->don't always just play to improve, it is a game after all... improvement is fun but it can also be fun to just play cool songs/meme files/mess around with alternate keymodes like 6key, 7key, do stupid things like mash through things on dumb rates etc

-try to have a balanced skillset and to play everything, don't ignore certain pattern types etc because you're "bad at them", sure some skillsets translate to one another like jumpstream and stamina, but if you don't go out of your way to explicitly practice stamina then it won't just magically improve as fast as you'd like

-mindset and the mental side of mania can be just as important as the physical side, as in:
-->if you aren't focused, aren't feeling good, etc, and you start to feel or expect yourself to play bad, you most likely will play bad
-->adrenaline can help you stay focused while playing, e.g. imagine you get a great score for your standards and feel the rush, instead of stopping your playing and going out to tell your friends/family/pets, keep playing and ride off that adrenaline, sometimes it'll lead to more scores

-try to have a healthy lifestyle, sleep well, eat healthy and well balanced meals etc, try to set aside specific times for playing instead of just randomly having sessions whenever
-->e.g. whenever you play do it after waking up, having ur coffee, a good breakfast etc, while its still warm and bright out (imo morning/early day is the best time to play, humans are naturally more alert from the sun and being up early etc)

-ALWAYS warm up before playing. DO NOT just jump into playing things that would be pushing your skill, always always always warm up for a solid 10-20 minutes or so by playing things below your level for accuracy practice, and to ease into harder things
-->i really cant stress how important it is to not just jump into playing the hardest things u can and to ease into it. it doesn't matter if ur in division 2 or ur in division 6, always warm up
-->warming up will help ur consistency and improve your mindset when starting sessions (e.g. it feels better to get good accuracy scores then it does to try to smash things too fast for you at the moment, do poorly on them, think to yourself "wtf why am I so bad now I could play this yesterday, why can't I now, I suck etc etc" because the second you start thinking this ur just setting urself up to play bad

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 09-8-2019 at 03:31 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote