View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Miniguide for controlling DDReam Studio

Requesting for sticky! I always have to use the search function to find that damn link when I tell people about DDReam. All that's missing here is a video to go along that tutorial which will go step by step as well.

suggestions?

-Using color in your guide so that we can see the sections better
-You should tell people how to open the .ds file, perhaps..? lol (open song, obvious, I know, but not so obvious)
-I like using hotkeys (a, i, l, b) a lot, yet, you didn't mention them at all if I read correctly. Did you know about them?...
-Left-Right waveforms are for stereo sounds
-Pressing tab will get you to switch between sync mode and step mode, too. I believe you didn't talk enough about the difference between these modes (this is what confused me most at first when using DDReam and I believe you didn't mention it, which is somewhat crucial).
-Hotkey "i" uses noise reduction. You said you had no experience using it, but, heck, it's a useful tool for clues on which note is a ghost arrow / missing arrow and whatnot.
-Pictures wouldn't hurt.
-Saving single BPM and normal saving, did you tell about the difference?
-Overall, you listed pretty much every function DDReam has, but you also pretty much have to already know how to use DDReam to fully comprehend this guide. Newbies will surely have to ask specific questions in order to get their things working, as this guide doesn't really go below the surface. Heck, you did a good job, I'm not complaining, just suggesting to try giving more attention to what's useful when you're new to stepping / what might be a good idea to use in order to maximize your stepping skills.

EDIT: Thanks for using my suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 05-26-2011 at 05:44 AM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote