Thread: Nintendo Switch
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 02:11 AM   #9
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
I don't think anybody likes paying for online functionality hahahah. But I'm assuming to maintain a level of quality online that can at least compete with sony/microsoft's (the current free online kinda blows tbh), it's worth it. And honestly, the overall pricing is still significantly cheaper than that of other consoles, and I can't imagine Nintendo's online service being any more expensive than theirs (although i could see cheaper). Again I agree that paying for online is shitty, but Nintendo literally has to keep up.
1. Of course no one likes paying for it. It's stupid. People already pay for the internet, the game and the console, but just adding another 60 dollars is just. Uhg.
2. There are games that are purely online play that require no payment to use the servers. Overwatch. Sure it has micro-transactions, but tbh they're integrated perfectly (all of it is cosmetic and can be obtained by just playing the game. Good on you Blizzard.) Sure this doesn't fit the Nintendo way of making games, but it exists as a noteworthy situation regardless.
3. I personally see not having to pay for online as a selling point to the console.
4. I'm sure with the way this console's release is going, it's gonna be better than it looks right now. I'm being a bit of a douche.
5. It is somewhat cheaper than other consoles. In return for being weaker (not a problem imho I'm actually perfectly fine with the focus on game play / games approach they tend to have. See: my love for the Momodora game.) I'm hoping the price for a year of service is 40 instead of 60 because that'd be less bad. And less bad is good.
6. Them NOT releasing a Pokemon on this console would be preferred weird as this sounds.

On the other games.

I love a lot of the Zelda franchise. It's sick, I have some merch (the silver MM pin, a perler Hilda Kayla made, Amiibo, the like) are all really cool and while sure it's a pretty recycled IP it still feels good to play a zelda game (unless it's skyward shit.)

Mario looks mediocre, and Xenoblade isn't a sell for me because I still can't really bring myself to care about the first game.

Arms is dumb. 1 2 3 switch strikes a particular anger nerve because of that presentation's over-use of the word switch followed by snapping and just

/cringe

tldr: I'm being an ass now but I'll buy one anyways around Splatoon 2. I wasn't hyped about the WiiU till smash / Splatoon and ended up liking the system a decent amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonIIDX View Post
I'm also excited for Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. (Though I still think it sounds like a Donkey Kong Country title )

I'm sad there's still no Metroid game, but hopefully one of those 80 actively developing titles will be one. One can dream~
Nintendo can have +10 to this system if they take the fan made one, and put it into the e-shop and pay that guy well.

Last edited by bmah; 01-13-2017 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: edit post
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote