View Single Post
Old 05-3-2014, 09:46 PM   #20
Dizzy_Gear
FFR Player

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

I'm currently playing on the Gilgamesh server myself. I did notice that the people there are a bit more cordial and love to be much more helpful, which imo, really shines me on more to this game. I have to say, I'm VERY surprised I'm loving the game as much as I do.

Also love how you were bashing it CBR, then started playing it. XD Honestly I felt the same way until I started to play it. Also, imo, the p2p way, as I see it, if it's through a good company (such as SE, who seem to take it somewhat srsly), I have no qualms shelling out the money, as it's not much per month (looks at my paychecks). Yep, not much at all lol.

I'm really loving that I'm using my PSOne (yes, the white PSX controller that was released with the PSOne super small console xD) with a ps2/usb adapter, and FFXIV is using it like a fuggen CHAMP! Makes it even easier to switch the buttons to the XO^[] (you get the picture) mode.

Currently:
Pugilist - Z'jhime Beltith - Gilgamesh

I have a feeling I may be playing this quite a bit. lol

edit: also, if I remember correctly FFXIV is $12.99 a month. Also, f2p tends to be MUCH more expensive when you look at things from a broader point of view. Most f2p games are also pay to win games *coughVindictuscoughcoughmostAeriagamescoughcough* f2p mmo's are being plagued with the pay to win model, which was also why most PSO people were NOT happy that Sega would be adding a cash shop. Thankfully, it doesn't break the game like many other mmo's do.

FFXIV is set apart for me in the way the UI is laid out, the controls (VERY easy to learn to use, tho haven't tried kb/mouse yet), and especially the story (I love jrpg's in general, so I'm biased *shrug*). The way SE goes about the game is very...interesting and really tries to get the player more engrossed into game. The way the battle is similar to FFXII is rather nice, as I'm one of them people who didn't like the mediocre storyline but loved how it was like free roam turn-based battle. lol! I do think the phenominal joystick/gamepad capability really sets it apart, though. That and the community doesn't seem to be a total bunch of asshole douchebags, as most f2p mmos tend to have.

Plus it's very polished, especially considering the train wreck FFXIV 1.0 was...*facepalm*

Last edited by Dizzy_Gear; 05-3-2014 at 09:58 PM..
Dizzy_Gear is offline   Reply With Quote