View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #766
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Day 496: Be The Cowboy by Mitski

This was Pitchfork's number one album of the year. Does anyone still care about Pitchfork? Yeah, I thought not. Pretty sure that entire base either got old or started watching the melon instead.

The stretch from A Pearl to Pink In The Night is fucking great, like I'm actually impressed that there was not a single minute in there that I was bored. Even Lonesome Love, which is the kind of "I wanna be country now" track that I usually hate, is a burst of pleasure after the shaky first 30 seconds.

I really didn't come into this with high expectations, but I have no real reason for that other than contrarianism. Or maybe anti-Asian racism (Kero Kero Bonito can suck my dick). Regardless, this is a GREAT album. It lulls a bit at the beginning and at the end both, but that middle stretch is incredibly danceable and joyous. She really should avoid the spare piano dirges and just stick to the more lush, upbeat style the majority of this album covers. VERY surprised, this might end up on my end of year list.

Best Track: A Pearl
Rating: 8/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 12-12-2018 at 10:27 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote