View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 03:52 PM   #1141
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2020 albums halp

Day 760: Domingo by Chip Tanaka

I'm a waste. As of right now I'm a fucking NEET (that only partly changes in a month) living in my mom's dining room. I've burned bridges. I've missed countless opportunities. Some of those I wonder if they'll come back but they probably won't. Maybe it's for the best. Maybe I'm doing them a favor. I rely too much on the fun times to get me through the utter horror of daily life, and with COVID severely stymieing one of my main replacements for a personality, the utter void of nothingness that has become my daily life consumes me to an agonizing degree. I know that when remote classes come back in a few weeks this will not change, as I'm not a real academic, I'm a fraud and a failure. Was college a waste of time? Did I waste my money? Am I about to waste more? Paying this much for digital classes should be illegal. The thought of how far behind I feel, even if it doesn't match my age nor whatever else the fuck, brings insane existential agony. Hell, the return of my fake personality, that being going out to places that serve alcohol while trying to pretend to live "spontaneously" that only annoys people, won't cure me. Well, at least it'll make it less annoying to deal with knowing there's actually something to look forward to. I need to get the fuck out of MA. Whatever, man. I'm starting to come to accept that these feelings are just how life is.

Been a while since I reviewed something game related I believe, this guy has composed for Nintendo for over 3 decades now. As a diehard Nintendo fan I'm coming into this with two opposite expectations, either I love it to bits or simply appreciate it but think it sounds too "video game-y". Not all video game soundtracks are that for me, like I love every second of every Kyle Gabler game soundtrack but... IDK fuck off I can't think of the words.

Well, there's some real instrumentation in here I... think? Very sparingly at that, this is mostly chiptunes and MIDI. Both of my predictions were correct, but the ones I don't enjoy as much outnumber the ones I do. Those ones are BEAUTIFUL though, I'll probably return to those tracks only, plus the ones that felt a little more left-field in general.

On a random note, something about Tubeworm Dub I findly oddly hilarious.

Best Track: Guiding Light Dub, Calm Sea, A Song For Stars, and the last two will make up my playlist to return to
Rating: 5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote