View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 11:15 PM   #1604
Daikyi
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
YoshL would be my guess for the last wolf. He's done a lot of mechanical talk, and a lot of general statements that could apply to all games like "dumb tells shouldn't be a thing" and "don't underestimate people". But it seems like he has put less investigative work in and isn't having to think about things from a town perspective. For a lot of the game, his reads didn't seem very developed, he had a lot of null or sheeped reads. It seemed like he wasn't putting forth a lot of effort into reading people because he didn't need to.
i also very much dislike the "general statements" part of this analysis, because it's not a general statement. it's specifically directed towards the sentiment that's been expressed multiple times that the haku/antori/raeko team wouldn't be able to make strategic wolf plays. like, sure yeah it can be applied to many situations, however it has incredible relavancy when people are actively discarding teams because "no everyone on that team sucks too much".

to all of the other points mentioned regarding not developing reads, sure i wasn't following the game as closely because work actively takes up so much of my time nowadays. also, the same can be said about your game tbh, where you've posted somehow even less than antori, who in my opinion had more thread presence and impact when they were alive. I didn't see any concrete pushes, I didn't see any attempts to push any narrative from your end, it was all very backseat nothing-doing, kind of like legitimatlely putting your best effort out to not stick out. "reads didn't seem very developed, he had a lot of null or sheeped reads" feels so wrong to even try and push on someone with, given that null reads do not indicate less development, and sheeped reads means that you have enough of a green read on someone else to trust their judgment regarding other players. In addition, I think i said only "i'm sheeping roundbox on raeko", and the rest of my reads have been pretty standalone.