View Single Post
Old 09-4-2016, 10:23 PM   #8
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Running Thread

I may not be a runner anymore, but I still have a good amount of experience from it. I can try to help anyone out if they have questions on how to get better and whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
if you have a smartphone and some way of reasonably carrying it, it can basically replace the GPS watch. plenty of running type apps that do the same thing. GPS won't help if he's not running outside though :P i dunno, i'm just averse to spending money on equipment; i didn't even buy spikes until several years after i started, and just did my races in a big heavy pair of training shoes.
I think in my 6th year of running, I was using an app called Nike+. It's a great app that logs the distance and the time of your runs - plus, you even get the luxury of seeing what your mile pace is. The creators even added a training program to the app to help people who really want to improve their run times. The only issue with using a smartphone app is that sometimes the GPS can be glitchy depending on the phone provider. If you're serious about really tracking your times, I would recommend getting a watch such as Garmin, or Nike+ watch.
The Nike+ watch is pretty neat because I was able to obtain data that appeared to be more accurate than using the app on my phone.

Last edited by Mahou; 09-4-2016 at 10:25 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote