View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 01:46 AM   #33
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: TWG LXXXVII: Cloverfield POSTGAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter View Post
But you were NOT the driving force behind emerald, bolth, OR lito.
Never said I was the "driving force" behind bolth or lito. I only said that I was "uppity" about bolth and that I "got behind lito".

Quote:
For instance, you were the ONLY vote on emerald for most of day2.
I'll stop you right there.

Think for a moment. If I hadn't hammered on emerald and subsequently voted for him, would you have ended up voting for him that day? Would fiction have? Would anyone have bothered to give emerald a second thought if I hadn't went ape**** all over him?

Quote:
Plus I believe your words for that day's lynch was something like, "wtf you guys are stupid for letting a three way tie go down, good thing iggy was there to break the tie!"
That was partly my show (that was the post where I subtly hinted being blue), but yeah, it was foolish of THEM to allow that to happen, but the lynch went through anyway thanks to you saving me. It started with the seed of my hammering, and you followed through on it with your desire to save me and whoever from kib, and fiction's willingness to do as you said in that case finished it. It was the three of us really, but I don't think it would have happened if my first act hadn't preceded your two parts.

Quote:
And while you did vote for bolth day1, you switched your vote to lito after a lot of people had already voted for him. (if anyone was responsible for lito's death, it's proably temote and manti as their info led to the initial suspicion of him. I mean how many people would have even LOOKED at lito if they had not revealed that info about gun?)
I didn't say I was responsible for it, just that I was on board with it, particularly at a crucial time: my vote on lito broke what would have been a kib between lito and manti. And my initial vote on bolth was meant as my final vote and I didn't expect to be there at end of day, but I ended up managing it and found manti at danger of dying and I knew lito was a better lynch option than manti. I really would have been totally content lynching bolth day one though.

Really, I was just like "huh what" when you named people who had been critical to getting wolves lynched but apparently didn't deem me worthy of any mention. By the end I can see where one might think my wolf-sniffing skills were faulty, but the endgame proved I was doing great early on.
Quote:
And if you still thought bolth was a wolf, you were hiding it very well because you proceeded to railroad ruritsu after wards.
I set my mind on holding off of ruritsu at one point, and was looking forward to jumping all over bolth the next day, only to find he got vigi'd through the night. So I just reverted to my next best choice (even in spite of me thinking I'd probably be dead at that point if he were a wolf), and me re-reading the thread just incorrectly cemented me in this notion of ruritsu as a wolf. If I had known we only had one wolf left, I probably wouldn't have thought on ruritsu so hard, because I was working on the idea of ruritsu paired with viccica (which, frankly, you could have cleared up by just telling me to trust viccica). I guess you didn't have time to anyway though since that was the last day, huh.

Quote:
I, on the other hand seered him that night because I thought he would have picked gun as his wolf target since they were both fighting about movies night1. And I do believe that you called my seering bolth, "a stupid idea to even pick him!"
Uh... yeah, it was a bad choice. We should have just lynched him regardless. Waste of a seering to seer someone who is already worthy of a lynch on their own.

Seering picks should be people who aren't anywhere near the lynch lineup. It's just lucky we were able to nail wolves in our lynches the first 3 days, and that paired with your seer/vigi made it possible for us to get all 4 in only 3 days. It worked here to expedite things, but overall general tactic, should be to just lynch players in situations like bolth and save seerings for less readable players.

Quote:
afro, you are a good player. I truly believe that, but do not belittle everything I did as stupid or accident just because I just adhere to a different style and belief system for this game. We both have played games where we rocked and owned everyone so it's not like one of us has to prove anything to the other.
I didn't say anything to "belittle" you other than you lying about the psychic and naming manti and I. Oh, and your seer choices weren't the best in my opinion, but we ended up getting pulling out probably the fastest 4 wolf game ever. That's actually what I'm most amazed with I think. Even in spite of all the things I find faulted in this game, we still got through 4 wolves in 3 days. Ridiculous.

Quote:
Think of it like one of us is tass and the other is talisman. Both awesome, both completely different.
I never liked Tass's playing style personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox
What did I do in the thread that "shouldn't be allowed"?
Just for clarification, not argumentative purposes.
Not post at all, save for a single post per day phase with zero content and a safety vote.

That's bull****.

How would you feel if all ~16 of us played like that? The day phase consisting of 10~15 safety votes and no discussion at all. You think the game would be very fun? I don't give a crap if you were chatting on aim to a single person behind the scenes. Posting in the way you did is unacceptable. Activity isn't just reading, it's not paying attention, it's not chatting, it's active engagement in the public discussion.

edit: huh? Roundbox's post is gone. Oh well, it's immortalized forever now in my post.