View Single Post
Old 05-6-2012, 08:46 PM   #16
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX
Default Re: What If You Were a High School Senior?

I want to know what's the inner differences between getting the sufficient knowledge to get a Doctorate Degree from an average school and an Ivy league school.
A doctorate's the same everywhere in the country, the standards are all the same (expected maybe, the greater is the school, the harsher it'll be, but ultimately, that's just a mean from getting knowledge that doesn't have much differences concerning the ends), so...
For somebody that's strictly interested by the knowledge what's the point (strictly concerning the knowledge and the way you get it) in getting in an elite university ? What's the advantage he'll get ? Isn't aiming for excellence just getting a bit... farther from the true aim of studying ?)

tl;dr what's the true foundation of this elitism except strict rules and social elitism ?
I want to know how that country works.
I find it utterly sad that people (have to) learn/study their things considering two factors : The money it'll take from you and the social recognition it'll grant you. All is ultimately decided upon economical reasons that doesn't have anything to do with studying and knowledge. Why ? (= not a rhetorical question)

Last edited by ScylaX; 05-7-2012 at 05:41 AM..
ScylaX is offline   Reply With Quote