View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 12:14 AM   #7
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles
Default Re: Any OmegaGX/ITGX owners? (warning, long post)

I play toe only. The sensors are very sensitive and I would not be surprised if flat footed takes some getting used to. That being said I was able to accurately use my toe and heels to hit arrows without much trouble when I tested it out. I'm really not used to playing this way so I couldn't do it during songs too much.

Pad looks great. I put together an album of pictures for you! http://imgur.com/a/iRKts

The overlay isn't exactly centered, its off by about a quarter of an inch horrizontally. Vertically its near perfect. This doesn't affect the play at all. Seeing as these are hand crafted I can forgive the overlay graphic being off by such a small amount. You have to remember that the graphics aren't printed directly on the lexan but rather applied later which could result in some faults. All things considered here there are no noticeable faults in the print, no bubbles or cuts, it looks very nice.

Also as seen in the pictures I found something around my house to work as a make shift bar which actually worked quite well so today was my first full session using the pad. The sensors are absolutely flawless. Far better than the pads at the arcade I used to play on. Once again I have an ITGX because I wanted to replicate the arcade feel as much as possible without spending thousands or building my own. My accuracy is far better on this pad then it ever was on the arcade. I'm actually able to FA some easier songs quite well on this pad I think! Broke 95% on a few 8's today (I'm really bad ).

The pad actually handles sweat better than the arcade counterparts too. Lexan doesn't seem to get as slippery as plexiglass like the arcade variety used. I used to have a big problem with this at the arcade, and actually the metal parts of the arcade pads were the worst, though naturally I didn't touch those as often.

So yeah, right now I'm willing to argue that this is the best pad I have ever used. My experience has been mostly with arcade pads, mostly older pads and on a rare occasion I got to play on a newer ITG machine near Milwaukee. I have also used crappier versions of home soft pads which obviously don't even come close to the quality of this beast.

I am still planning on doing a video review after I build my platform but I'm not sure what new things I'll uncover with the pad in a couple weeks when I have time to make that.

Last edited by Wafles; 01-27-2014 at 12:33 AM..
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote