FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: "Play/Test/Judge my simfile" thread V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rCaliberGX View Post
Song: Brainfog
Artist: Static-X
Difficulty: 12, 10~ NPS
Style: 4k
Notes: Just want to get some feedback on this. Still a WIP and I plan on making 2 charts for it. Nothing too difficult, 24ths bursts and 16th jumpstream at 150 BPM.
Stuff from a bored guy without credentials:
A majority of the file made sense to me. For the most part you follow percussive stuff (standard procedure). But there's a couple things that confused me. The start to 26.848 felt heavy on the doubles to me. You switch what you have jumps on a couple times, then add triples to accent different things. It seemed inconsistent to me. I got confused on the last jumpstream because I wan't sure what the doubles went to. After opening it up in ddream and slowing the music down I figured it out that you were following a synth thing. Point being I couldn't tell why I was supposed to hit a jump at 121.713 and 124.899. A majority of the file, you have doubles on the clap (for lack of a better word) sounds. The clap things are going on in the last jumpstream where you're following a synth thing and your arn't doing anything about the claps that you obviously liked earlier in the file. The last thing that bothered me was the ending where you have the 4 3 [12] triplets. Add a beat at the tail end of the file and finish out the bass thud things. The arrows just end so abrubtly while the roll that you've been stepping keeps going when the arrows stop. I don't think there should be a double at 139.134 and you should have a jump near 139.260.

I want to say one thing about the mines. I don't really think they add much to the file. You can definitely justify the quad of mines separating parts of the file, but there's nothing going on at that moment. I didn't like the string of mines at the beginning on the right either. The first one in that string should suffice given the situation. I'm tired now, and when I looked at it a second time I had paused ddream when the autoplay was on a right arrow hold. So I got a string of mine sounds that cracked me up. I'm tired. Ok?

I don't hate the file (or the song choice). I think you stepped the middle hold section well. And the heavy guitar sections seemed clear to me. Have fun making this WIP to a completed file!
axith is offline   Reply With Quote