View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 08:32 PM   #575
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 365 Reviews Done

Day 399: SATURATION by Brockhampton (Album Choice: Raghav S.)

I wrote this review minus this paragraph about 5 days ago and have been postponing it because I wanted to choose a standout rapper. Unfortunately for you, I'm lazy, so I didn't pick one.

I've been postponing this one for a long time now despite falling in love with STAR (or more accurately, Perf which isn't even on this album) because I wanted to be high for it and I had just started my T-break.

Those 50 days are now over.

The first 3 songs fuckin SMACK. No pun intended I swear. After that, there's a bit of a lull up until Fake which is fantastic, but the lull isn't TOO deep because the amount of variety here is at least respectable. On the other hand, the amount of pitch shifting is not (damn, Fake is still good but could've been so much better). The lo-fi atmosphere reminds me of Odd Future a bit, but it's not nearly as ass as Odd Future minus Earl and Frank. I still haven't listened to Flower Boy so being fair and stating that forthright, Tyler-Stans please piss off. The beats on these tracks are incredibly creative, plus points because I'm not very sure what the heck else I should say. The hooks are catchy, lyrically they're not all that great but that doesn't seem the point and they can at least rap decently. I'm here for the beats, dude, and they deliver. Surprisingly good consistently or maybe I'm just dumb rn. The all caps title scheme is also dumb.

Meh, I'm gonna return, that's all else I feel like saying.

NO WAIT, ask me about this years down the line (it took me three tries to correctly spell "line") and see if I still like these guys. Or this album because I have hopes SATURATION II will be better (hey man, PERF was better than any of these tracks, and it was just a 1-minute snippet!). For first album, very commendable but I feel it has a target audience age. So yeah.

Best Track: Cash
Rating: 8/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote