Thread: FFR Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 04:33 AM   #2360
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: FFR Suggestions

It was always my understanding as well, when I was on staff. No permanent deletion of threads, or users.

I feel like it is holding the site back to maintain those rules, and from every possible source I've encountered, even getting a hold of Synth for -anything- since his last heroic return and catastrophic abandonment has been basically impossible.

The site is, by his own statements, going to basically stay going forever, stay non-profit forever, and stay basically unsupported by him in any way outside server costs.

What, realistically, is the worst that happens if those accounts (ESPECIALLY bots, why the heck is any obsession with archiving extended to archiving spam?) get deleted and Synth finds out about it. Do you think he tries to sue somebody? Shuts the site down out of spite?

Honestly, I feel like you tell somebody "FFR has a small but close-knit and active community" and then they see 1.9 million users, they probably either think "Okay, so everything they say about the site is just bullshit" or they think "What is so horrible about the game that they went from 2 million people to 'a small but close-knit community'? That community must be elitist jerks"

Last edited by devonin; 06-28-2016 at 04:34 AM..
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote