View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 08:57 AM   #3499
Not devonin
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
The fear for me is if I'm wrong I get blamed for it, and then everyone else suffers because I made a stupid decision. Idk I'm a very selfless person and I tend to think of the needs of others before my own. That was the primary reason for my self vote
The second game I ever played I was a Guardian, not just town, an important blue role. Afrobean was I think, vanilla town. At some point in the game he decided I was being wolfy and started really pushing at me hard. I knew I was town, said so, tried to explain how he was just way off base, but he just kept pushing. So I concluded the only reasonable explanation was that he was a wolf trying to direct focus on me. So I started pushing him hard. We both got completely convinced that the only reason the other one was being so aggressive about us being a wolf is that they were the wolf, so we didn't stop.

In the postgame, he described me as the worst player he had ever seen.

It seems to me that part of this game, and the part that ends up separating the actual good players from the jackasses that swan around like they are the best players ever is the understanding that sometimes you're gonna fuck up, some times you're going to get it completely wrong, sometimes you're going to get tricked. I think that's just part of the game. I don't think anybody is "so good" at TWG that they win even 80% of their games let alone 100% and you have to just make peace with that.

That said, Shadow_god_10 I'd like you to respond to the fact that sunfan's pretty clearly established there's almost certainly 4 wolves left and your reads list only has wolf reads on 2 people.

17 players left and you've got
11 town
1 wolf
1 wolf/3p
1 3p
2 null
1 you