View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #727
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Day 480: The Now Now by Gorillaz (Album Choice: MixMasterLar)

The last Gorillaz album I reviewed was Demon Dayz way back in... 2013 maybe? These guys (or this guy?) never really clicked for me on the same level that so many others seem to be on, but they're fun and catchy enough I suppose. Exorbitant ass concert tickets though, definitely not worth it. The last album I remember reviewing recommended by this guy was Becoming X and that grew from decent in my books to an all-time favorite so that makes me hopeful for this one, at least in the long-term.

Wait, this is hip-hop? What the fuck is hip-hop about this? There's literally only one song with any rapping on it, which is probably the worst song here, and these certainly don't feel like hip-hop beats to me. This is more space-synth than anything.

But is it any good? Well, I definitely like this more than I liked Demon Dayz so that's a plus. The best songs like Lake Zurich and Tranz are gloriously future funky, whereas the slow jams like Idaho and One Percent do nothing for me (and like I said before, that one song with Snoop Dogg really sucks). Also lol at the fact that there's a song here called Fire Flies. For it's 41 minute running time, I enjoyed roughly two-thirds of this album, maybe a bit more. That sounds bad, but it's not because the good songs are really fun whereas the lesser tracks are merely unmoving, not offensive.

I hate math homework.

Best Track: Lake Zurich
Rating: 6.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 11-12-2018 at 10:04 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote