Thread: WAP
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #46
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: WAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
dunno about this one, miley cyrus got fuckin owned for that stage performance with the blurred lines dude
yes she did. All women get shamed for displaying sexuality. But that doesn't mean that black women aren't shit on more frequently, and with heavier scrutiny. White women can "get away with more" where black women will be more likely to be shamed over something minor.

And I'm not saying that people are consciously doing this (tho some certainly are). It's ingrained within our society and culture, for people's default reactions and assumptions about people to differ based on gender or race.

That's the thing about intersectionality. We as women do share that common experience of being shamed, POC share certain experiences, and women POC have their own unique intersection of experiences.

Good example I can think of: Janet Jackson and the wardrobe malfunction. I watched that live and uh, if anyone actually remembers the performance, JUSTIN rips the bustier off janet's bust during a performance of HIS song. Where the line HE sings is "gonna have you naked by the end of this song".

Yet Janet got allllllllll the blame for the "malfunction". Nobody thought "maybe Justin ripped too hard?" and blamed him. Nobody thought "maybe the seamstress made a mistake?" and blamed them. The world saw a black women with her boob out and blamed her, entirely her. When she probably had little to no say in what actually happened since it was a giant production choreographed by her and Justin's teams. Yet Janet takes the blame... hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected

Last edited by mellonxcollie; 08-13-2020 at 11:26 AM..
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote