View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #29
V-Ormix
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Do video games and gamers deserve more respect?

well I mean games reside in "life" so life isn't exactly a game unless its purpose or definition was akin to a game like being entertained or if we were literally just here to play 8u

It's all differing from person to person in their preference but for me I've described it before as being a trial with many under and over tones putting ones susceptibility to the test of principal.

edit: but on the basis of the thread topics title as a question: is more respect deserved?? I think not. Respect is some thing that I view as a choice of an individual to give. Not receiving respect from everyone wont change likewise some ones choice to engage/embrace them either.

the idea of "more" respect might only be a matter of time with the upbringing of these newer generations, video games will only become more respected the greater leaps they make in all aspects. That to me is truly deserving of respect if some thing can change with the times and then peoples minds.

demanding respect though, I wouldn't be able to wrap my head around that.

editv2: lastly, I think its probably important to consider the context of said respect were it might matter more than not: If some one is in the same sphere as some one deliberately to make a point of "disrespecting" them when they themselves are a universe away from that kind of respect then under those terms could be construed as ignorant and of certain loss.

It seems possible that some one could not technically go out of their way to "respect" gaming to some level of acceptance deemed by a avid member of a community but then don't necessarily look down upon it accept with in exceptions of certain limits of their feasibility to weigh their own ideals :v

Last edited by V-Ormix; 12-22-2019 at 06:03 PM..
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote