View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 03:54 PM   #17
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me movies you enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioamor View Post
There is a noticeable dearth of animation in my diary. I tend to be averse to 3D animated films, but I do need to get into more anime. I have seen a lot of Perfect Blue during my time on Letterboxd, so I'll add both to my watchlist. I also understand that I need to watch more Miyazaki. Or any Miyazaki, actually. I've seen a third of Howl's Moving Castle and that's all. Would I be incorrect in assuming you have some knowledge of Studio Ghibli, and would therefore be able to provide a recommendation or two?
For Ghibli in particular, a specific recommendation beyond the generic ones is kind of impossible. That said, Castle in the Sky is my personal one I'd recommend.

But also I'd *strongly* recommend the A Silent Voice anime movie. It's extremely good if you're ok with some darker topics.

If you're looking for a hard avoid though, I'd say ignore the Your Name movie. I dunno why that gets the hype it does. I'd also say Weathering With You may or may not be a miss depending how the ending goes for you. (I saw it in a theater, and while I think it's animated super well, and I absolutely love the concept, I just don't really like the ending.)
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote