View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 10:49 AM   #18
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: I'm losing my hype fr FF7Remake. I made a quick video about it cuz that's what I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
RE2 doesn't have tank controls, therefuck fuck that
Now I may be the crazy one here so don't mind me, but wouldn't the point of a remake to be to make what was good about the original accessible to a newer generation while giving old fans an updated alternative?

In this regard Resident Evil 2 Remake changes what needed to be change and kept what needed to be kept.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE tank controls; I defend them in my Resi2 let's plays and I will be defending them again when my Dino Crisis review is done. It's a fun way to play a horror game and has merit and I will die before I concede the fact. That said, it's of it's time and a lot of people miss out on older games because they can't really play it. I can be all hardnose and say gitgud but honestly I can relate anytime I have to play a FPS with a dpad. Sometimes something belongs in it's era

But with that in mind, the characters, story, atmosphere, and the plot is the reason that game is remember and all have been preserved. I had hope the same would be true for Final Fantasy 7 but if my Youtube comments are correct then I'm just an old forgie that should keep playing the original :/

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote