MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins
Default Re: R.I.P. Chester Bennington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeShinoda12345 View Post
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit what the hell what the hell what the hell
LP was my first-ever music obsession, and while I "outgrew" them and have found a lot of their stuff cringeworthy for the last decade or so (this plays into my whole embarrassment with my FFR username, for instance), I don't think I tend to give them enough credit for simply giving voice to a lot of the confusion and anger that I was wallowing in during middle school

They helped me get through so much of the bullshit from back then. And regardless of how pretentious I'm sometimes tempted to be with the "objective" quality of their music or whatever, regardless of how I feel when I listen to them now, there was a very significant time for me when I was mired in depression and mental illness and what they sung about helped me feel better and more understood, less alone. It feels really really tragic to have the lead vocalist of a band that did that for me eventually decide to leave, when LP's music played some sort of role in helping me stay here. But I also don't think it's my right to knock his decision, or to insinuate that he didn't try or otherwise should've been "stronger" for the sake of anyone else. I don't know. I don't know.

Mike Shinoda's side project Fort Minor has a song that I'm being reminded of right now. It's not super pertinent but it is kinda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVGiiiB7wpY
Thank you for taking the time to appreciate how genuine LP's songs are in terms of their music. As cliche as some may think LP are, I highly doubt they are trying to fake or mimic any forms of emotions like confusion, heartbreak, and frustration. That's why I like to continue listening to LP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3

Last edited by MarcusHawkins; 07-20-2017 at 02:47 PM..
MarcusHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote