View Single Post
Old 12-4-2023, 10:27 AM   #5
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: DZ Files 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellanoir View Post
Nooo, I saw this at work and was going to download it when I got home. Now I have to wait for the gfx update
Sorry about this.

For context on the decision: Received blowback immediately about the usage of AI art for gfx, with people in the discussion channels bringing up good points that I didn't consider. The original thought process was that as a solo project, it'd be neat to have more of the pack be my own "work" if I generated art to use for gfx (I realize how dumb that sounds now). Reading discussion feedback made me realize that is not the case, as usage of AI art just comes off as lazy/uninspired (even though I did spend far more time tweaking models and adjusting images to get stuff that I thought was at least half-presentable at the time) and is entirely against the spirit of using art in any medium (even for something as simple as stepchart gfx). I figured taking the pack down, owning up to my misguided thought process, and putting in the effort to overhaul the gfx would be much more preferable than have the pack be released in the current state.

For the few people that dl'd the original pack, I won't ask you to delete it if you want to play it in the meantime, but I do ask that you not share the pack with anyone else, or post scores publicly for now. I apologize again for this and hope that people will still be willing to dl / play the pack once I overhaul gfx.

Last edited by DarkZtar; 12-4-2023 at 10:35 AM..
DarkZtar is offline   Reply With Quote