View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 09:21 AM   #32
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Default Re: So, I'm a writer now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
I just read an old post in this thread where you said you struggled to sit down and write just to write. I love reading writers' stories of writing their stories. Sometimes, it's more interesting than the story itself!
I agree. I once read a foreword about an author's struggle to get a book published that I ended up enjoying more than the book itself. Then there's stories like how A Confederacy of Dunces got published and what the author went through (he killed himself), though that's an amazing book.

Quote:
I'm not a great reader... Just to make sure I understand the story correctly:
It's the story of children in a bus looking at a tunnel, making tales about it, and basically ending up scaring themselves by believing their own tales?
Pretty much, though I'm always happy to leave it open to interpretation. The premise is non-fiction. As a kid, we genuinely told each other not to go into that tunnel because you would get trapped in there. Very few people ever walked through it. I once walked through it as part of a school day out with a teacher and a group and a lot of the kids wanted to walk around but the teacher wouldn't let us because we 'were being silly'.

This is the tunnel

Quote:
I think you definitely have a nice prose. Keep at it, never give up!
Thanks. I write to keep myself sane so I'll definitely keep at it.
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote