View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 11:37 PM   #54
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS
Default Re: TWG XXXVII Postgame - Wolves win

To adress afro and other's infinite complaints:

The game would be similar to a game in which the wolves get 2 kills every other night not every night, as you claimed. If they hadn't saved up their extra fuel and had just been killing 2 players on even nights, you wouldn't be complaining nearly as much. Your dislike for the structure of the game is originated entirely in the fact that you and iggy both believed what a lying wolf told you. Hans and Shash both played an amazing game and it's not my fault you guys believed Hans. You were content sitting within your unshakable alliance and you didn't want to even entertain the possibility that maybe, just maybe, you didn't know everything. Clearly with all "confirmed" humans, someone was lying, so I don't see where you felt it appropriate to believe your information 100%. The device thief had the wolves' time machine originally, but had the option of handing it off each night, or upon death. This is why blocks failed at one point. For the people questioning the "Time Travel Wolf" role I hinted at, basically they were all TT wolves. They traveled to the past and killed as a team, but for the sake of the blockers, one of them was keeping the machine, and that player could change. The 4 kill massacre was the wolves reward for using nearly none of the special abilities they had (read: kills) up until that point. They were patiently waiting for the exact right time and it paid off. You and Iggy were taking so much of the attention off of them that it was clearly the better call. Feel free to ask Hans and Shash, I questioned them on numerous occasions about killing either you or Iggy, but they waited for a better time.

About messing up PM(s). Yes, I copied the PM structure from a failed block into 2 PMs (afro & iggy) that should have been a sucessful block. Thankfully TPS wasn't killed because of this. About everything else, I gave quite a bit of information to the players that were interested enough to talk to me about the game. Iggy talked to me the entire time and I'm sure he had a lot more knowlege of the game because of it. You can call it revealing or slipping if you want, but I answered all questions truthfully and fairly, and in the multiple situations in which someone asked me something I felt they shouldn't know, I told them such. If you want to play the game, don't complain about the people who are playing it better than you can. We're all busy. I'm a full time college student along with many others, but I still managed to write at least a half a page for the start of each day and night and nearly every PM I sent out, which I assure you was a fair amount with 16 special roles. Not to mention answering the numerous questions about the game itself. Iggy asked me the most questions followed next by probably one of afro/shash/hans, and they probably did better because of it.

About the huge power each side had: Yes, that was part of the game idea, and I figured that with mystery roles all of you innocent humans wouldn't run straight to the first person that wanted to hold your hand. Seriously. I can see the other blockers going to Iggy right away and having a decent reason to trust him, but everyone else? From how I understand it, Iggy straight lied to all of you to gain your trust. Go ahead and try that next time a brave wolf wants to claim a role. The main idea was to give everyone a power, amazing game breaking power or not, and let them sort of work independantly. I had assumed that with mystery roles, no one would be so trusting. The wolves multi-kill per night potential was needed to counteract 12 blue roles including one that could essentially ressurect a nearly confirmed human each and every night. That's the TT guardian for the slow. The balance to that role's amazing power was the fact that as soon as he died, most if not all of his resurrected buddies would die as well, timeline pending of course. So the game was essentially a race. Humans had overwhelming information, that they used quite poorly, to aid them in finding the wolves before their power roles were killed, and the wolves had multiple kills per night, potentially, as well as a wolf seer, which was barely used, in order to find and kill the most threatening roles.

There are far too many things to consider when balancing this game, and so it was quite obvious ahead of time that the loosing team would claim it stacked against them. My initial perception was that it was clearly stacked against the wolves. If talisman had not died N1, there would have been even more information than there already was. People would be coming back each night from N2 and on with "nearly confirmed" status. This game was clearly won with Talisman's status as a good player, eliminating a crucial role, and the Hans/Shash duo of decpetion. Any claims about stacked teams could be argued either way indefinitely, but well thought out actions won it for the wolves. That's all I have to add unless there are any specific questions people would like answered. (AKA the second vigi kill not happening because I decided pre-game that wolves' actions would happen before human's in the event that it mattered)
-Bowser