View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #1616
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
i also very much dislike the "general statements" part of this analysis, because it's not a general statement. it's specifically directed towards the sentiment that's been expressed multiple times that the haku/antori/raeko team wouldn't be able to make strategic wolf plays. like, sure yeah it can be applied to many situations, however it has incredible relavancy when people are actively discarding teams because "no everyone on that team sucks too much".
It was specific to this game of course, but it's still something that could be said nearly every game, about most of the players. Also that was just one example, I would put most of the mechanical talk into "general statements" as well. Of course that was all specific to this game and this setup as well but the things you were talking about could have been said regardless of what other people were posting or who else was playing the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
to all of the other points mentioned regarding not developing reads, sure i wasn't following the game as closely because work actively takes up so much of my time nowadays. also, the same can be said about your game tbh, where you've posted somehow even less than antori, who in my opinion had more thread presence and impact when they were alive. I didn't see any concrete pushes, I didn't see any attempts to push any narrative from your end, it was all very backseat nothing-doing, kind of like legitimatlely putting your best effort out to not stick out. "reads didn't seem very developed, he had a lot of null or sheeped reads" feels so wrong to even try and push on someone with, given that null reads do not indicate less development, and sheeped reads means that you have enough of a green read on someone else to trust their judgment regarding other players. In addition, I think i said only "i'm sheeping roundbox on raeko", and the rest of my reads have been pretty standalone.
I know that a lot of the same points apply to me, lmao, which sucks but it is what it is. I have been very busy the majority of this game too, something I don't really like bringing up because it's technically IRL. That one phase where Antori ended up dying, I did hang back intentionally because I felt like I didn't have much to add to the conversation and was more focused on trying to parse what everybody else had to say.

Null reads don't always mean undeveloped but usually you want some sort of explanation about why it ended up being null. Why you are having a tough time reading them, or maybe two points that you think mean different things which ends up with a net null read. But just saying "null" does seem pretty undeveloped