Old 11-11-2006, 08:04 PM   #18
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer
Default Re: TWG XXXVIII: THE RACE FOR THE PRESIDENCY

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
iggy's idea with the numbers is interesting. although you'd think fojar could have just done that with names too.

about concerns of the wolves block voting, I think that fojar specifically mentioned in the game thread that this would be balanced somehow. meaning there's some blue that sees votes somehow or gets to subtract votes from someone or add votes to someone or something. my hope is that if the wolves do it they'll get caught somehow. Or be afraid of getting caught and not do it at all.

on vote revealing... I propose we do so after the fact. Meaning day two we reveal who we voted for day one. obviously some of the same dangers iggy just pointed out would still be there in terms of wolves being able to see what people are trending towards (but that stuff always changes). yet there would be a greater potential for information gain as wolves I think would be compelled to tell the truth (the votes have to add up), or else look stupid trying to justify a random vote (since that would be the easiest way to lie).

also

that made no sense to me at all. if there's a blue that can see who voted for who died, then that doesn't mean that the wolves are magically privy to that information. I feel like a step was left out of that logic.
No that's not what I meant. If there were some type of alliance going on and the Blue was able to pick up on those who voted on one person because of an alliance, it would make it a little easier to distinguish those teaming up from those going lone-wolf (no pun intended.)