Thread: Artist Names..
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 10:06 AM   #1
SpookG
(For Great Justice!)
Retired StaffFFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to SpookG
Default Artist Names..

Since I am asked a lot what the hell SpookG means, I'm going to settle it here once and for all, and open up a topic for all the artists to let everyone find out why they chose the particular name for themselves.

I think this is kind of important, because it gives you a lot of insight into the person behind the music, which I believe is like poetry, in that if you don't know the background behind the pieces you only get half the message of the piece.

Of course, I might get inspiration differently than most maybe..who knows.. moving on..

SpookG is short for SpookGoblin, in case no one figured that out. It has no spaces because I am lazy, that's the official way, but I really don't care.

It started as a screenname I used to have , about 7 years ago, when I played a lot of text based RPGs online. Spook was a goblin shaman, hence goblin, who would meddle a lot with the undead, hence the Spook part. So when I started making music I couldn't think up a name, so I just used the one I already had thinking "what the hell?" and it sticked ever since.

Yeah, the story behind it is really lame, I'll be the first to admit it, but ever since my close friends started calling me Spook I'm somewhat stuck with the name forever now.

Royal For Great Justice! Electronic Music est. 1999
kerBLAM

SpookG is offline   Reply With Quote