View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 07:29 AM   #13
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda
Default Re: NOOB here and I don't know where to start.

What is this, an open forum all of a sudden?

Edit: The game is very, very simple, and quite similar to Mafia, except instead of sitting in a circle with all your friends, you're playing on an internet forum.

There are two teams: wolves and humans

The goal of the wolves is to stay alive and whittle down the number of humans to one that is equal to the number of wolves.
The goal of the humans is to kill the wolves as quickly as possible.
Lives are taken in a few ways:
1) Wolfings occur at "night". Night is a time when no discussion is allowed on the thread. The wolves confer and send in a target. The next "day", the victim is announced.
2) During the "day", the humans and wolves masquerading as humans discuss anything from the night's kill to odd behavior among members, with the day ending in a vote. Each player chooses another player he or she would like to see dead. This is called lynching. It is a wolf's job to appear as human as possible to avoid being lynched.

BUT WAIT! There's more!
The humans are given a little help. Special human roles are guardian, seer, and sometimes psychic, as well as various other special roles for either team that a particular host might dream up.

The roles are pretty self-explanatory, but I thought the same thing about the premise of the game, and clearly I was wrong.
Seer: chooses a person each night to "look at". The host will send back a message informing the seer if his chosen person is a human or a wolf.
Guardian: picks a person he feels is a likely target for a wolfing. If the guardian and the wolves choose the same person in one night, the target is "saved". This is usually devastating to a wolf victory.
Psychic: is sent a message after each lynching informing him of the number of wolves left.

See how easy that is?

Last edited by stretchypanda; 06-15-2006 at 07:37 AM..
stretchypanda is offline   Reply With Quote