Old 03-28-2006, 11:19 PM   #42
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter
Default Re: TWG XXIX Crack Dens and Avenging Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
So another thing to consider: nforcer. (And this is one time it might be somewhat worthwhile to discuss the night one kill).

Unless I'm mistaken, the angel is a pretty weak blue, as guarding doesn't guarantee an extra day at all, but just displaces the kill. And early on, as odds would have it, such a displaced kill is fairly unlikely to strike a wolf.

So then, even if nforcer was very active last game, why him and not me, fish, tass, hans, kilga, guido, blah, etc? even if one of that pool were guarded and attacked (low probability as it is), the kill is still probably going to be a human, so might as well attack one of that pool anyway.

Yet this didn't occur. so, possibilities:

a) a majority of the wolves are among this pool
b) the wolves didn't think this through enough to realize the above
c) one or more of the wolves is one of the players that the angel would likely select to kill (probably newer players, at this point) and they didn't want to chance it.

thoughts?
This abc list pretty much could include anyone. But I did think, "Hey why didn't they just go for the top dog instead of nforcer?"

I want to say it's A just because the number of players that wouldn't realize it would be few so that would make B less likely. (minineo for one because he asks what the angel does for an example.)

Course C is good too. You have to weigh whether or not the wolves would be willing to make the sacrifice or not though.

Can I phone a friend on this one? XD

I'm going with A though as most likely, even though you could argue every one of those...... final answer.