View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #94
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default RE: Re: RE: The Revolution is Here.

Well, since this was bumped, I might as well put my thoughts in as well.

As was stated earlier by someone else, I thought the same way about graphics. Obviously going from 4 to 8 to 16 and so on was HUGE. But now... it's not really much different. Put a 256MB card in your computer and see if there's a huge difference between that and a 128. Yes, there is a difference, but you're going from almost-lifelike to... almost-lifelike.

Everytime I see a crowd of people watching that kid play the 360 in the store I wonder why. He's playing Perfect Dark. It's just another generic first-person shooter. The only thing it has over other FPS games is that it's the first one on a new console. But no matter how I look at it, it looks like just a regular Xbox game. I see no increase in graphical capabilities utilized whatsoever.

This is where Nintendo steps in and says ENOUGH OF THE CRAP. DS was revolutionary enough. The first new system that CANNOT be emulated on a PC. Now comes the Revolution which also cannot be emulated. They are promising games that you enjoy playing. Games that you can get into. Games like what they should be.

If Revolution doesn't sell well, it means people really are idiots. I actually once had this guy at Best Buy overhear a conversation I was having with my friend about the Revolution and asked if he should get his kid the 360 now or wait for a Revolution to come out. I most certainly convinced him against the even-more-expensive paperweight that was the 360 along with the PS3.

Who would spend more than $400 for a console? Seriously? And $60 for each game?! Ok money-whores. Get out of the market. The gaming community will change once the Revolution is out.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote