View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 12:41 AM   #20
Boyachi
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Boyachi
Default Re: I know in order to get better I need to practice practice practice, but...

My tip for practicing is:
-Try all the step files. Whether you are trying a new beginner song or a new Guru song, you will see how much better your accuracy and speed has increased since you last checked.
-Note songs that have specific things like easy 8th/16th/32nd notes (depending on your skill level), doubles, syncopation that are around your level or slightly beyond and practice each of these.
-Try different genres. Even if you don't necessarily like a song, the stepfile might be a great training tool. Remember you can always mute your speakers.
-Having played this game too much and focused on FCs, Blackflags, and AAAs I will tell you what brought the FUN back into the practice:
--Find a song you really like and put it off limits. What I mean is you do not try to FC, Flag, nor AAA it. Ever. Play this song as the last song you play for the day as a sort of resting point/palette cleanser.
---I made my choice once I knew I could pass every song and that choice was/is Playdoh. I don't restart it, I just monitor my progress, see which fingers are working and what step combinations make me struggle. Why? Because if you are working so hard on a hobby that it stops being fun, it is no longer a hobby it is just work