View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 01:59 PM   #6
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Calling upon community input, advice, and perspective

I'll keep this relatively short, as there is a lot that's been said already. I truly believe you might benefit from focusing on efficiency and conciseness when sharing your thoughts; not that you're oversharing here (this is a great place to go into details), but specifically in work-related situations. That focus could lead to less overthinking about yourself, and more attention to alternative and positive views, imho. You know what they say, moderation is key, and that applies to self-reflection.

Now regarding the job, it is a very normal and strategic move to apply to job postings where the "required experience and skills" are not what you currently have to offer (in your case, that would be the "desired psychological profile"). There are generally three main outcomes to that:

1. You don't get the job.
2. You get the job, and after some time either you realize it's not for you, or you get fired.
3. You get the job, and everybody's happy and you grow those skills.

Obviously, you have to realize that 2/3 of these outcomes are "I won't work there" and may or may not become "This field isn't really for me after all" if repeated. Nothing wrong with any of that. Keep working on the skills you have (be it physical strength, which is super versatile, or anything else you feel you're good at or want to become good at). That being said, I certainly do hope you get the third outcome, but don't look down on the other ones; they're totally normal and not necessarily negative.

You seem to have a solid grasp on your feelings, and I personally think all you need is time. With time, you'll allow yourself to develop the skills you want, plan alternative paths, and live the stressful moments that will build your tolerance and even possibly start enjoying them a little. Nobody becomes strong without tough physical activity, and nobody becomes mentally strong without experiencing stressful situations. Again though, everything in moderation.

Good luck with everything and keep your head high! ^^
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote