View Single Post
Old 05-2-2023, 10:23 PM   #4
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Default Re: TWGTurbo 34: The Day's Special - POST GAME / APOLOGIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
This game was so unbalancedly stupid that my brain hurts and I am ashamed that I put you through all of that. For starters, I should have simply postponed the game when I didn't receive 5 confirmations. Instead I pressured myself not to postpone it again and let it ride with 4 instead and that should have never happened. Furthermore, I cut one of the VT when I should have cut the Perceptive Merchant role. 2 minutes after I started the game I suddenly realized that with four people the game could have been won in under five minutes. That should have never been a possibility and I apologize for it.

As it turned out FFA never got to play and the game did move to F3, but even then I should have NEVER revealed who made the shot and allowed for counterclaims. the whole thing became a thunderdome with very little in the way of mechanical details to swing discussions.

I had original skewed the game to favor town because without wagons to examine, the game is very wolf sided. Because of this I added a bunch of ways for town to play smart and narrow it down to two people (including ways for town to find themselves with flavor text) but in practice all I really did was make Freezin sit there and watch two players point fingers and then make a coin toss.

Well that sells Freezin short because they absolutely did did put serious thought into the game and made the right call, but it was still an unfair situation to put someone in.

I do believe in the single day format and I do believe I could make a setup that is engaging and possible for both sides with a low player count, but this ain't it ever
Yeah i immediately figured the game could be broken with mass claiming. I would shoot one of the duplicate claims and town would kill the other for a 100% win chance. I just figured there was no way the game could be that unbalanced and figured you would include a True Name Nemesis (A kind of real time name based roleblock mechanic) or some other way to punish public sharing of role names.

I was kinda thrown off by my ITA being publicly announced as well but i didnt think ill of it in the moment, just rolled with the punches. It wouldve been pretty awesome if the ITA wasnt announced and me and raeko would have to fight in a thunderdome once i claimed my role. Wouldve given lewdy a different vector to try to express himself in the game, felt like he was spinning his wheels at times in the later parts of the day.

You were overall a great host and i would love to play a properly balanced version of this game again!

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

Last edited by FreezinIce; 05-2-2023 at 10:47 PM..