View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 03:33 PM   #323
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Doing wiki digging on the topic, the name appeared to come from the official download from the website at http://www.dobuusagi.com/c_music.htm (it is still up).

The conclusion that jayde & noname came to, was that because the original release was named as-such and was only 2:23 long (version in-game is 2:25 long, the same length + 2 seconds of silence) and the full version of "風神少女 ~ the Article by Crow" is 3:50 in-length, it is a naming difference between the artist's official Cut version of the song, and the artist's official Full-Length version of the song.

Thoughts?
Since no one else touched this, and I happened to see it: it'd probably be best to just use the one from the album, if only for consistency. Just like there's two masters of Plastic Mind (the one in Queue somewhere, it's not currently in-game) with a pretty notable difference between the overall sound. The one Shadow & I subbed is the Floatia2 version, and not the 兎角宴舞曲 Courante Impromptu version.

For reference:

Flotia2 Plastic Mind

兎角宴舞曲 Courante Impromptu

It's really a question of how future proof you want the game client to be, and considering the space, it seems like a huge can of worms that can be remedied with keeping the Wiki nice and updated, but easily accessible.

Sorry for the weirdly timed / longer mention. I think with that file in queue, I should probably try and help future proof it so it's done right the first time.

Last edited by XelNya; 01-25-2023 at 03:34 PM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote