View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 12:19 AM   #38
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 204 - Forest Feast POST-GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
modkills should take the place of the daykill, otherwise wolves are (on average) heavily disadvantaged since town essentially gets a free kill
town gets hurt worse than wolves do when modkills need to happen, but you want to then also punish them further by taking away their lynch for a phase?

except for very few scenarios, modkills benefit wolves more. both the action (thinning town's numbers), and the cause (an inactive player) benefit wolves and hurt town.

as you said, modkills shouldn't have to happen. so assess it with me. they have to happen because of an MIA player. I say MIA because 5 posts over 48 hours is a very low bar to hit, and failing that means you aren't even playing the game.

So if the game is designed for 9 town and 2 wolves, the modkill in most cases forces that to 8 town and 2 wolves, instantly shifting the balance to wolves.

the only "benefit" to town in the whole thing is that the harm of the cause, (the inactive player that is already hurting town and negatively impacting the entire game), does not compound further by allowing the non-player to give wolves a SECOND free town (thereby thinning the town herd by both the inactive player and the subsequent nightkill). Modkilling only counteracts the compounding effect, but the harm to town is already done.

It makes no sense to add further harm by removing the lynch. By that logic, modkills should never ever happen under any circumstance because then, at least, the lynch control isn't stolen from town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!