FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2
Default Re: TWG 203 Werewolves in Avalon GAME THREAD

I guess I'll toss some random thoughts out here:

I actually don't like MML and here's the reason:
Charu posts this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Another thought popped in my head as I thought about game mechanics again.

Would it actually be more effective to nolynch this phase? Those 5 players wolves have can't get night killed after all...

Naaaaaaah, I'm overthinking it.
MML follows up with it shortly after with this saying he's interested in exploring the No Lynch option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Bumped the list button before responding to Charu

I am interested in exploring this option since it's super likely the three wolves are going to want to try and lunch one of the 5 today, meaning a higher chance they hit a Marlin and in the late game we're probably gonna need their checks

Following up on this thought, what is the mechanical reasons NOT to no lynch here? If it's just because "Your Vote is Your Power" then I think in this scenario it can be on the table. I get that it technically puts scum ahead, but it might be worth it if it saves us from lynching a Marlin.

At the very least if it comes down to us CFDing at EOD I am I favor of defaulting to it
Roundbox pushes back kinda strongly:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
NL is awful
our only way to kill the wolves and win is to vote for things
going the NL route means we throw away one of our chances for killing a wolf

while we're on this topic, there should be no discussion on whether to claim merlin or VT, or any discussion about merlins. this, again, is only beneficial to the wolves. as town, I feel the optimal play here is to say we are all merlins.
and MML immediately splits the difference instead of engaging roundbox on the issue. Giving the exact reasons why No lynch is a bad option (wagonomics and lynching is our only way to kill wolves).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
For any other game this is 100% fact and isn't debatable
The idea is here wolves can only kill 3 NON-Marlin players tonight so if a Merlin dies it has to be a mislynch. The question is now do we risk mislynching a Merlin (assuming we don't "catch" a wolf) or do we let wolves get ahead on us one kill in exchange for making sure all 3 survive.

Now, not having wagonamics might make it totally not worth it again. Plus, you're correct that we're going to have to lunch to win eventually anyway.
I don't buy that MML thought no lynch was a good idea and 180'd as soon as he got flak for it. Feels disingenuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.