View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 08:32 AM   #52
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 203 Werewolves in Avalon GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
I am actually internally screaming reading this
I was driving and by the grace of God I didn't crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
If u want unsafe, im gonna skip shitposting and go directly into game talk aka how does town even play this game.

Just reading the op a few times nothing seems to jump out at me. Are the merlins just supposed to be masons?

Maybe the right play is just ignore all the wizardry and play it like mountainous.

Theres a lot of info out there though so seems like kind of a waste to ignore it. Id like to get peoples opinions
I'll use this one quote to respond to the general conversation about this

It definitely seems super one sided to the wolves; town Merlin seem to just be expected to either wait on their respective wolf to do something they can either realistically tunnel for, or to just keep softing and hope others take the hints. That.....doesn't seem super useful.

My first instinct was that the rest of Town could cover by hypo's and just playing the part but because wolves have a list that only includes 2 towns, they already know who would be horseshiting and who might actually be the role so that seems less useful then it should.

So it seems to me the safest town play is to play vanilla for right now and avoid any amount of softing/claiming unless it gets to mylo. Our Merlin's are gonna have the same issue wolves have in that they carry the burden of knowledge, but we're gonna have to just like, make it happen I guess?

I don't know guys I didn't vote for this game y'all did

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
How did you manage to go this long without seeing Mean Girls? I've watched it on my own accord a few times but most of the time it seems like it was just.... on. Someone else put it on, or it was on TV, or something. It was inescapable! Probably the biggest movie for our generation!
Actually this is a pretty interesting fact about me: for a lot of my early childhood we didn't have cable most of the time so I grew up watching VHS tapes. When I became a teen we had basic cable and I saw a lot of shows I hold nostalgia for, but had already made video games my main gig.

Once I moved out in 2008 I never, ever had cable again. I have gone most of my life without access to it. If I saw a movie it was on a DVD I owned or in the theater, but I didn't watch a lot of movies. It's the one media that's easily accessible that I never really dove in. For an example, I didn't even see Star Wars IV until 2015ish.

Anyway yes, the movie holds up extremely well in my opinion for what it is (obviously I don't think I'm the target audience, but I had a lot of fun. Also, I too was homeschooled and could relate the premise to when I first went to college) and I'm glad I saw it.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter