View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 09:11 PM   #65
Wiosna
for you, eternally
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dump Batch Discussion Thread

I was going to write a really long post talking about:
- how klimt's idea of a "dump" is grossly misguided and is nowadays a boogeyman used to invalidate a specific style of charting,
- how dump charts aren't necessarily made for the sake of having extremely difficult charts in-game (most dump charts here are rated 90-100),
- how FFR doesn't actively seek "high quality files" and more files that are logically consistent in itself (which is funnily enough also one of the dump batch's criteria),
- how there are already charts that can be safely classified as dumps in-game, and how the prescriptive idea of layering sounds that exist but are extremely soft being the only legitimate way of having files in-game to be stupid and counterintuitive to how players perceive music,
- how dump charts do create a specific affect and feel that is markedly different from most non-dumps regardless and accepting dumps will cause a marked shift in charting meta today (and this is something that judges will have to take note of in the future, though I think FFR's past history has insulated it from any massive paradigm shift in charting),
- and how there's already an existing demand for dump charts outside of FFR (Etterna, osu!mania, etc.) and that we're no longer an insular community celebrating their own styles and maxims of charting,

but it's not really worth anyone's time and effort. Instead I'll proceed to shitpost: Dumps are great because they allow people who are not talented enough to make regular stepcharts to participate in the stepping community

Last edited by Wiosna; 08-22-2022 at 11:06 PM..
Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote