View Single Post
Old 07-31-2022, 07:29 PM   #29
s1rnight
( ŻuŻ)-b
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to s1rnight Send a message via Skype™ to s1rnight
Default Re: Leaderboard D9 new name and color

the mysterious part is that i already thought d8 was like for three people only, but it seemed to expand to fit a whole lot of people that were like "high to mid d7" in the end... and eventually d7 seemed like it has a lot of people that were originally d6... yes, i know, maybe the players got even better!!! but i wonder if there is a danger of inflating the ratings for things like this...

(its interesting to me that dossar's score for death piano, still about a decade old, is still the fourth place entry on the song. its higher than "d9" players on the song! and he was "d7" at the time he scored it!)

(im not sure of the reason for there being a division inflation (if there is...), if there is, it might be down to there being substantially more charts for higher difficulties now... since if there is more hard charts, there is more "hard charts a person can consistently equiv well" and thus their rating will probably be high compared to the range of difficulties of the charts (because there is now more charts at that difficulty range they can use to fill out their equivs with). i wonder if something like this can be solved by having a "ddr LIFE4"-like requirement for divisions instead. (this would also be similar to how chess does their titles too...) which is to say that a person may need a certain equiv rating, BUT also he may need to show that he can AAA X songs above Y difficulty (to show that he is not stacking near-scores on easy-to-equiv hard songs... i know that sounds silly, but there are easy-to-equiv easy songs so maybe its the same!)

Last edited by s1rnight; 07-31-2022 at 07:42 PM..
s1rnight is offline   Reply With Quote