Old 06-11-2022, 03:12 PM   #22
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Full House [RELEASE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by _choof View Post
just an odd choice of a song to restep
i actually stepped my houmous chart 2 years before samurai's was released in acerola (mine being made in 2018 and checking the date created his .sm shows 2020 but the bg and bn show 2019), i wouldn't really consider mine a restep. That being said Samurai's version is solid, he has a different style and is 100% competent at stepping, it's great. I encourage everyone to play that version and my version, and decide for themselves if they like 1 or both.

I decided to step (not restep) the song because it's an amazing song I had a lot of fun making and I put a lot of effort in to it making it enjoyable, I really like how it came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _choof View Post
why bother getting this upset over what was initially a single line of text
I'd like to point out why a single line of text is upsetting as well. The idea of restepping a song being a bad thing is actually very toxic and discouraging and actually drives people away from wanting to be a part of the community and create new stepcharts and packs. Here is an example:

The negativity outweighs the positive and it is not pretty, we drove Zebdal away in the most toxic bashful and unwelcoming manner possible in 2009 due to his resteps, I bet he could have been an amazing simauthor by now if he kept up the last 13 years. Check the Stepmania France Pack thread.

I hope this is helpful, and I really hope that we can just enjoy the site and game/pack together. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, and I anticipate the same holds true for you.

Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 06-11-2022 at 03:34 PM..
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote