View Single Post
Old 04-1-2022, 12:45 AM   #22
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: Recommend me movies you enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioamor View Post
There is a noticeable dearth of animation in my diary. I tend to be averse to 3D animated films, but I do need to get into more anime. I have seen a lot of Perfect Blue during my time on Letterboxd, so I'll add both to my watchlist. I also understand that I need to watch more Miyazaki. Or any Miyazaki, actually. I've seen a third of Howl's Moving Castle and that's all. Would I be incorrect in assuming you have some knowledge of Studio Ghibli, and would therefore be able to provide a recommendation or two?

You would not be incorrect at all! I love Studio Ghibli

My personal favourite Ghibli film was not directed by Miyazaki. It's called Whisper of the Heart. It is very slice of life, slow pacing, it's got fantasy elements but for the most part it is realistic boring school days of youth. Which is why I love it. It was directed by Yoshifumi Kondō who was meant to be Miyazaki's successor, but he tragically died at age 47

Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away would be my #1 suggestions otherwise

Also though I think everyone needs to watch Grave of the Fireflies. It's based on an IRL survivor of WWII's account of the nuclear bomb. It's one of those films you can't forget after you watched it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote