Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Everything mentioned here has been fixed, except for the stuff listed below
Whew. I am hugely grateful for your work, thank you! Again, I'll be collecting these exceptions and summarize them into a guidelines/public consensus thread, but for now I'm resuming the research. Just need some clarifications though:

1) Handling remixes and features will be a breeze now, but the only aspect I'm still uncertain is if we're alright with crediting Wild Cherry, Blink-182 and other popular acts. I'm thinking these were originally withheld to avoid the ire of mainstream labels, and I would err on the side of caution. If it's also a yes on your side, I'll make the adjustments.

2) Concerning aliases, I've noticed all of RYO's catalog are now moved under Ryo Nakamura. IIRC, researching his case, I think it was a long name change where at some point he was using his two aliases concurrently/semi-consistently, with Ray of Moonlight and Daybreak being released earlier under RYO. Honestly I can go both ways, especially in this case (since RYO is just a diminutive), but do you think it's best to merge aliases under one artist when reasonable/applicable? Or should I stick to identifying what alias it was originally published as (less likely to generate permission conflicts)?

3) Not sure I understand your Andrew Huang comments fully, but here's what I can gather: the original permission can be found in the Artist Blanket Permission v5 thread (https://www.flashflashrevolution.com...to#post3540847). It is curiously absent from the main permission list, but Noname took the time to trace it back. YoshL's permission seems to blanket Andrew Huang's material, with a specific link to the songstowearpantsto domain. Meaning, anything under the Songs To Wear Pants To should be fully cleared (or at least anything published on that domain), so it's really the Andrew Huang attribution we would be appending. Not sure if I'm really answering anything.

-

And two corrections:

4) Now that I know that the feat. abbreviation both denotes remixers and features, there's one correction I've submitted that reads as incorrect. The Wish (Kyrn Remix) is both a remix and a feature, and should technically be read as "original song by jihnsius featuring Charlotte Summer on vocals then remixed by Kyrn". I think it would officially translate into "Kyrn feat. jihnsius & Charlotte Summer" but I'm not sure.

5) About that T. Leen guy. I have cross-referenced the old classicalarchives.com MIDI page we used in our research (http://web.archive.org/web/200508311.../beethovn.html) with their current one (https://www.classicalarchives.com/mi...oser/2156.html) and have found out that every instance where T. Leen was credited have now been attributed to Bunji Hisamori. Incidentally, I was leaving these classical music cases for later, but should probably research them now that I know how to proceed. Anyways, here's the correction:

[214] Ludwig van Beethoven / T. Leen > Ludwig van Beethoven / Bunji Hisamori

Last edited by Crazyjayde; 02-21-2022 at 10:46 PM..
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote