View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 05:25 PM   #20
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FC Stat bar - New Implementation

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
@OP: see above, I believe FC'ing something (if it's going to be added to some stat bar) should involve the player demonstrating a certain level of competence to play the file in question, which is why I'd prefer some restrictions given FFR's judgment system. A D4 player getting a 0 miss 1000+ boo score on Jamais Vu doesn't achieve this. FC bar meta just becomes a game of smashing random keys while not failing out and completely disregarding the actual chart. I don't think that should be entertained as an option, especially if anyone is arguing "it makes players better" to keep the FC bar.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but basically what you want is not a FC metric anymore, it's a metric of "somewhat decent scores". You know what that sounds like ? AA in Stepmania/Etterna (93% score, however your % is computed). Although I don't disagree with your statements in that regard, I absolutely do disagree when talking about the FC metric.

What would you think of making the FC bar count the FC*'s, but add a new metric similar to AA which FFR could work on defining. Imo this sounds like a much better alternative than trying to give a funky, non-intuitive re-definition to the FC metric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 View Post
Why the heck would a player under Div 8 even try to go for an FC on a file like that? That's like if I tried to FC a 25 MSD chart in Etterna when I can only do 19 MSD charts, Then again I don't really know how tier points, AAA equivalentcy or all of that jazz works, but don't know what happens when you fill the FC bar or WHY you would want to fill it, but that just doesn't make sense to me
You should almost never see game aspects from a perspective of "why would anyone do X" when X is something that is already done by some people. In other words, some players do enjoy going for these FCs. They dont owe you an explanation for why they do, however in this case it's often for completionist mindset and/or testing how fast they can control mash.

Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 08-15-2021 at 05:26 PM..
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote