View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 05:04 PM   #35
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: whats your favoiite anime

Not everyone will have the stomach for it, but Pyscho-Pass 1 is my favorite anime/TV show in general period. I highly recommend it. Not to be confused with Pyscho-Pass 2 or the movies (2 is literal hot garbage that betrays the artistic merit of season 1, and while I enjoy the first movie alright I haven't seen the newer trilogy)

Some that would be in the running for my Top 5 include

Trigun - Trigun is an easy show to spoil for people and it also has the drawback that it's front loaded by it's weaker episodes. Although I do find episodes like the Truth of Mistake (e2) and B.D.N to be personal favorites, the show really doesn't start until Wolfwood shows up and doesn't get kickass until The Gang-ho Guns decide to come play. The least you know going in the better, and it's one of those shows where you catch more of the plot and setting in a second rewatch.

Samurai Champloo - Most on here already know but it's a fantastic action comedy where the jokes land and the action is top notch. The stylistic choice of Hip Hop and Samurai work waaaay better then you think, and it ties itself up pretty nicely at the end.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood -I'm not here to debate if the original series or Brotherhood is better or not, I am here to say that I actually watched all of Brotherhood and regard it a damn fine show. Doesn't require prior knowledge despite what a lot of people say.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Specifically Battle Tendacy and Diamond is Unbreakable, although I believe it's all worth your time. Jojo's kind of hard to sell without just showing people an episode or two but I trust everyone here already knows what's up.

A Place Further Then The Universe - So I've only seen this once, and would obviously see if it stood the test of time before declaring it a top five, but the emotional journey this took me on was very much appriciated. Truthfully, it's a standard "4 cute girls do X and it's cute" type show that I've been avoiding for a decade+ now, but this one is a lot more subtle, realistic and impactful then most. If you've seen it, then know Episode 12 got me as hard as it likely got you.

Cowboy Bebop - I get it's fashionable for people to claim Bebop is over-rated and not very good but I've never been able to get behind that. I've seen this show front and back a dozen times in very different places in my life and a new aspect speaks to me each time. It's also a master class in production/traditional film theory in an anime. Even the filler is enjoyable and intriguing to me, and I think it's at least worth one watch.

I've thought about either making a MAL with really in-depth reviews for anime I've seen or even making a proper Top Ten video like I've done with games, but I don't think I've seen nearly enough anime to be able to contribute more then what others have. If people are interested in hearing me go off on shows I've seen, I do lobe talking about them.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Last edited by MixMasterLar; 02-22-2021 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: Clarification/typos
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote