View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 06:17 PM   #2170
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
for me, fatfuck, it'd help most if you could talk about your top wolf, which I understand to be T-Force

I really don't think he is a wolf that posted about being emotional following the Subaru flip, its just not something a lot of wolves do (though I think when Shadow rolls wolf again, we might see it perhaps)

can you talk to me about why you think he's a wolf again?

I didn't much care for the fact that you thought it was suspicious that he didn't remember you as a scumread of mine
Quote:
it was the beginning of this post
its really not much, but like
I've kind of decided that its very significant here
I think he's a wolf because of:
-the passive play
-the way he defends himself when necessary but also ignores a lot of pushes and prods (which I took to be one of his tells in the nonary games game)
-the way he said he's fine with voting FFA but didn't mention it being self-pres
-the way that freezin's thrown out town reads on him for pretty insubstantial stuff, or stuff that others have scumread him for
-the way yoshl's hovered around lynching him without committing outside of the first EOD
-the way he focused way more on haku being suspicious than FG during d0 EOD and kept his vote on FG despite saying to shadow, "I'm not saying FG is a wolf here"
-PoE, and he fits in best with my two other scumreads

However, now that I'm looking at the post in question, I think that's an incredibly townie thing to say too. If he's a wolf, he's either making a calculated lie, or something else wolf-related happened that fueled the snapping (eg they wanted me over subaru since subaru would be more easily mislynched today?). But I think those are way more of a stretch (well, I don't know t-force well enough to know if lying about something like that is something he'd do) than the straightforward explanation.

But if it's not him, then that leaves you and raeko. If you're a wolf, you're trying to sway me to raeko, and if you're town, that means raeko's a wolf (or you're both wolves and I'm wrong about freezin...).

Quote:
I'm not much of one for staying humble outwardly, but inwardly, I'd say that I know a lot less about the game than people might expect me to be comfortable admitting

I think rather highly of your game, and I know you don't really peacock around with an elaborate train, but this post seems to jutted out compared to what I think you ought to be thinking of yourself.

Not because (if you're town) you should never be mislynched or something like that because you really seem like you're at a loss, and even when the shit continuously and unrelentingly hit the fan in the Animal Crossing game, you really seemed like you at least knew what to do next.

I think you would agree that you defense has been unconvincing, but why? What's different about this position in this game that's left you at such a loss as town?
In the AC game, I was a PR. I had my claim to fall back on, so I didn't care too much if the way I played came across as wolfy. I always had my claim (ESPECIALLY after the 3p died and I became useless ability-wise). Then, after I claimed, people knew that my analysis was coming from a legiti place, and they'd listen.

In this game, everyone seems convinced that I'm a wolf now. It takes 5 to lynch me, dap's already voted for me, so one more townie and the three wolves can hop on and that's it. I could try to push my reads or yell my analysis some more, but I already went that route. I posted a shit-ton of analysis and all I really got were a couple people trying to poke holes in it. I think in general I haven't been able to get people to listen to me this game (even shadow just said "he's not really doing much") so I don't feel like going ham again just to get brickwalled.

So I think my strategy here is to just talk and listen to people as openly and honestly as I can and hope that I can convince people I'm legit and am coming from a legit place. Or maybe I'll be able to say something that I don't even realize is super townie and it convinces someone to see things my way.