Thread: France
View Single Post
Old 11-2-2020, 03:29 PM   #24
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: France

Islam itself is not a problem ok bye

Ok hello again
I'm not going to type a bunch of words here but yes, religion and freedoms have come to a head, and they will again
Fanaticism is the problem here. I dont expect people to immediately agree with it, but I maintain that it is true. A few hundred years ago, some of the first Europeans to settle in America had vastly different ideas about Christianity (with regard to either political or community enforcement) than modern day.

It will take time before religious fervor dies out due to modernism. This has been true of every religion to a large extent. I do not see a reason why Islam would be different.

I cant claim to be an expert on French culture, or really even knew that there were classes on freedom of expression being taught by mandate in French schools. I believe I can see how this unfortunate event will spur on others like it, perhaps.

Funnily enough, this is in direct counter to some things I typed a few years ago, before anyone calls me a hypocrite. I've since changed my view on the matter after learning a bit more in school.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote