View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 04:18 AM   #1414
flashflash account
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

First few posts in the iso are memes, but we gradually get into less meme territory as dbp hones in on other posts. Notably dbp actually catches an inconsistency in bolt's meme post, in which bolt says "I don't see myself voting backpack this phase" or something to that effect and actually does end up voting dbp. Additionally, the callout of funnygurl for voting tforce feels very down-to-business in the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I'm at the point where all advocating for inactive lynch is NAI-- MML is doing a good thing by pushing it, but there's no town points there anymore

if he doesn't put UP on top of that, he's suspicious
Given current discussion regarding dbp (and inactives), I do like this post though, dbp notes there's no townpants to pursue inactive lynches, yet defends the inactive lynches anyway. I think this errs toward the towny sort of inconsistency, there's no mental boundaries that dbp has set, their posts are being open and honest.
Quote:
duskfall is town

saying it now for the post-game
Posts like this are something I consider hallmarks of how dbp approaches the game, and the bluntness is something I appreciate. They're also superficially towny, and dbp is more than aware of this.

Quote:
I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility, I ask for certain specific statements because I want to know if you think that this player is capable of conjuring this specific reasoning not as a townie

i.e. sometimes there are statements that don't sound like a wolf would originally conceive of or default to.
This quote (and the ones preceding it) gives a lot of partner equity to dabackpack and uli-wolfe imo. Just putting it here for future me.

Quote:
gonna let this feud go on but have a general comment on this later
worth noting this if dbp ever follows up on it

Quote:
idk it feels like I've actually been game-solving, at least in how I'm using my brain, engaging in Socratic discussion with people

at any rate, I think MML, Haku, Xelnya, DUsk are towny
you are leaning-town but that also depends on how you engage after you dig on MML
Of course in terms of actual lynching psycho, jessie, and xiz is the best pool. Xiz in particular I want to directly engage with because reasons.

rest I'm not focusing on so far, maybe ully and bolt on the scummier end of null
wait, dbp says "i've been solving" and ties it to discussion with "people"
then lists 4 players that they haven't interacted with outside of casual messing around...
elaboration needed

Quote:
what I was going to say to leetic earlier was that I don't think MML's reaction to leetic voting him is that unusual. I'm more accustomed to town reactions being something like his, or "why?", and asking for actual reasoning

if the voter has a bad case, or a single-liner, townies are more likely not throw a bitch-fit about it, unless the voter is really insistent on the vote

leetic's one stated argument is not compelling to me, and MML's reactions to it are mostly what I would expect from towny MML

that's all I have to say about that atm
well, here's the followup
it isn't much but it does seem to be a legit thought dbp has here

dbp's iso after this is broad "here's how I play" strokes

ultimately on reread I see some red flags, and while I was going to continue isoing I'm just gonna drop a vote here and peace out till later
dbp

outside of the red flags the iso is generically towny and it's easy to see why I came away with a town lean on the slot while interacting
I maybe still town read dbp? But regardless they need to be here so I do like this vote.

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless