View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 03:03 AM   #15
Ghost_Medley
D6.9 Prime Buttonhitter
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Holiday Special Batch Set 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
*-[00:14.086 -> 00:15.886] The approach to stepping the 2 different sections here are radically different, albeit sounding very much similar to one another. Plus, not really hearing the purpose of the 32nd trill. Would be a lot better if it mimic’d the first portion of this section that I didn’t include as the timestamp, with just singles. If instead you wanted to ramp the difficulty, then the jumptrills are fine, and need to be reflected in the easier section.
Improved the layering to be more consistent while still keeping the buildup, plus replacing that 32nd roll for a jumptrill.

Quote:
*-[00:44.986 -> 00:46.186] Feels unstepped, except for the 3 jumps. We’ve got 200bpm 16th dense JS in this file. Don’t hold back. 32nds going into dense JS starting at 00:45.736 would be acceptable for the difficulty.
Added a tiny bit to fix this issue, I wasn't sure to layer some of the percussion in or not.

Quote:
*-[00:59.686 -> 01:00.886] Missing quite a few transitional notes here, namely 32nds between the jump pairings. Doesn’t feel right to hold back until the new measure here since it’s a repeating major tone.
This one I felt weird about because I didn't layer in the hi-hat, I was focusing more on the backbeat of the drums. I did add some notes in though, focusing on more prominent sounds.

Quote:
-[02:16.336 & 02:16.411] Not necessary, but imo. [34][12] jumps here would be better.
Decided to do that, the intensity shouldn't be much higher with those changed to jumps.

I made some other changes just to clean the file up a bit, plus properly syncing the intermission at 50.386 to do the old ZX3 files justice.