View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 06:44 PM   #179
SubaruPoptart
da kyo~
Number Judger
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Wiki StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SubaruPoptart
Default Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate: What'll be ur main mate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I only play in-person. I don't even own a Switch to play online with, I only play when I hang out with my friends on their consoles. I have literally never even seen what online Ultimate gameplay looks like.

Everyone I play with is extremely good; two are easily top 10 in my state. They don't just "miss techs and die" lol they're all fucking nuts, the only way I can have a shot of being competitive (especially since I can't easily practice movement/combos myself, see: not owning my own Switch) is to play a good mental game.

shit's a lot more real when one or two missteps can kill me because my recovery is shit and one or two missteps can kill my opponent because they're light as fuck. That's real Smash.
(edited a lil down)

Oh yeah no that's exactly my situation. I don't own a switch yet, and I've only ever played at lunch at school since... we can just straight up bring whole-ass games consoles to school apparently. I am easily the worst of the group, but the games I play are hype af cuz I know enough to actually DO things, but not enough to know what the other person's doing.

Sometimes things devolve to me runnin around pressing buttons like a madman hoping something happens, and sometimes, very rarely, I actually get a burst of skill like no other and just DEMOLISH the best player there, it's the literal best.

But yeah I only just recently discovered BotW Link so I think I'mma try him out whenever someone brings their Switch again or I go to someone's house.

I did Mii Swordfighter for a bit because they could counter and do the Link HYYYAAAAAAA move with the up-b, however I quickly realized I absolutely suck at Mii Swordfighter and really only played it so that "nae-nae'd" could pop up at the end-screen when/if I ever beat anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamerai View Post
damnit subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
if cocoa flips town, n2 vig should shoot zenith obv
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Okay, I'm 7 pages deep and this is a shitfest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
wolf gurls exist awooo owo ¿furries? owo awoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My beak is bigger than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Oh God it's Subaru
Quote: