View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 05:14 PM   #178
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate: What'll be ur main mate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
exploiting the fact that netcode when playing online is terrible and laggy to abuse "missed techs" doesnt seem like a very good thing to me but to each their own
I only play in-person. I don't even own a Switch to play online with, I only play when I hang out with my friends on their consoles. I have literally never even seen what online Ultimate gameplay looks like.

Everyone I play with is extremely good; two are easily top 10 in my state. They don't just "miss techs and die" lol they're all fucking nuts, the only way I can have a shot of being competitive (especially since I can't easily practice movement/combos myself, see: not owning my own Switch) is to play a good mental game. Obviously everyone knows why I play this kind of high risk high reward style, my friends don't mind it because when they play in tournaments its not like heavy players don't exist, you gotta get practice against people who play this way if you want to get out of groups.
Re: heavies being "unenjoyable to counter" lol what the hell, matchups versus heavies give the hypest moments IMO. Watching two flowchart top tiers just trade combos and fucking teleport back to the ledge once they're offstage is a snorefest after the 20th time you've seen it, shit's a lot more real when one or two missteps can kill me because my recovery is shit and one or two missteps can kill my opponent because they're light as fuck. That's real Smash.

I didn't think playing a heavy and trying to get reads would be a particularly controversial opinion but damn, you're assuming a whole lot for calling me "cancer" for no reason lol

Last edited by hi19hi19; 08-30-2019 at 06:21 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote